Happy Forth of July 2017!
Let’s be happy together!
I want you to write out a list of 10 recent occasions that made you feel good. Here is mine:
1. Finding a better job, I am excited to get back to working in a career and following my passion of graphic design and marketing communications with a wireless technology company.
2. Seeing my little niece Valerie right before her 6 month birthday. She’s an angel and a blessing from God.
3. Spending time with my mom, listening to her words of wisdom. Thank goodness for her strength and hard working persistence as a independent woman who has raised 3 children.
4. Eating delicious homemade meals at DeeJay’s house with my niece, mom, sister, brother, Daniel (brother-in-law), and DeeJay too. It was nice to see everyone and see how happy everyone was together. My sister and I had a little selfie photo session. She’s so beautiful.
5. Going to pick up delicious wine with my brother-in-law and him picking out a nice Cabernet Sauvignon with Ben Franklin on the label called The Federalist! I learned he’s quite the intelligent man. I’m glad my sister picked a good husband .
6. Driving safely home to see how much my darling cats missed me. It was such a delight to come home to two fur balls who ate all the food I left out for them (LOL), but displayed adoring affection towards me.
7. Coming to Northern Virginia to see my pops! It’s so nice to spend time with my Dad. He’s so cool and active. I was raised by him, so we had a week of adventures planned.
8. Seeing D.C. for the first time with my Dad. It was both of our first times seeing it. Let me tell ya, I kept joking about seeing the Washington Monument because it’s where Forrest Gump reunited with Jenny in Forrest Gump. Also seeing the Lincoln Memorial’s immense size was breathtaking. It was spectacular.
9. Going hiking on a novice trail in the Shenandoah National Park. It was quite fun! My father and I did approximately 5.5 miles through Piney Branch Trail and the Appalachian Trail (AT). It was awesome to do some up hill and down hill slopes on the AT. We ran into a some through hikers too! Now that was cool! (Through-hikers are people who set out to hike the entire AT which runs from Springer Mountian, Georgia to Mount Katahdin, Maine. It can take approximately 6 months [I would like to do a through-hike one day]).
10. Spending the Fourth of July with my Dad. It’s one of his favorite holidays and it’s nice weather in Virginia. I simply enjoy having a nice brunch with my father, whilst drinking coffee, eating homemade breakfast potatoes (my dad makes them phenomenally well), and drinking out of a Boston Red Sox cup. He is drinking out of a Patriots one.
11. I also happy for my dad to teach me things about the trail, how to read maps, what trailheads are, how read trail markers, and trail blazes (rectangular colored paint markers on trees).
I am grateful and happy for all of this amazing recent occasions.
Now anyone who is reading this please feel free to stop and do a short list of recent summer events that have made you feel happy, and a short description. Writing is good for the soul, we well as taking time to remember the little things that make you smile!