January 30th, 2016, in Clewiston, FL exactly 8 days from today, I will be joining over 100 other runners, I think more near 200 runners for a 50 mile ultra marathon!
Actually, the distance is 50.25 miles, because there will be 7 loops around a 7.25 course.
It’s going to be awesome~!
Here is a great article about Ultra Running!
Here are all the reasons why I will finish:
- I am a Kristen Kelly. I don’t quit.
- I am unstoppable.
- I see the bigger picture.
- I love running.
- I love running long distances.
- Your dad just turned 56th Jan. 20th! You will finish in his name, running 50 miles is the least you can do!
- I am smart, I will do it with patience and skill.
- I want to be apart of that <5% (in America, of ultra marathoners).
- For myself.
- My Mom.
- My Dad.
- My Grammy.
- My whole family.
More Self Talk.
- You are Unstoppable.
- You were born to do this.
- You are a Kelly.
- You want to show Brandon what you are made of.
- Seriously. I don’t quit, I never will, and failure is not apart of my vocabulary.
- Forget the non-sense. ALL OF IT. It does not exist to me!
- You are higher.
- Always take the higher ground!
- PAIN IS TEMPORARY.
- GLORY IS FOREVER.
- BOSTON DREAMS.
- YES! You will run the Boston Marathon – this is just a long run!