Being an Filipina-Caucasian, I have sensitive skin. It’s fair, and delicate. I can easily get a few tiny pimples on my face. My old roommate suggested that Apple Cider Vinegar toner. It’s a great natural beauty hack, it can balance the skin’s pH, add a layer of protection, tighten the pores, replenish essential properties that skin can lose during cleansing.
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
Mix the vinegar and water and use the mixture to rinse your face after washing it. This will not only cleanse pores but will tighten them as well.
Benefits of Toner
- Balance the skin’s pH
- Add a layer of protection
- Tighten the pores
- Replenish properties that skin can lose during cleansing
Here is the brand I use. I get it from the Fresh Market in Delray Beach.
…More benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Also, recently in Michigan I brushed against some poison ivy on my leg when I was running the woods. It healed but left me with some hyperpigmentation. The discolored skin is on a top layer, and very shallow so it will time to fade. However, to speed up the process I have been using Apple Cider Vinegar on it to lighten it. I have been apply it without any water, just straight with a cotton ball before bed. But I have found this great mixture….
Apple Cider Vinegar for Hyperpigmentation
Apple cider vinegar is simply miraculous when it comes to reducing the appearance of dark patches on the skin due to hyperpigmentation. It has excellent skin lightening as well as astringent properties that can help restore your skin’s nature color.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. Use this solution to rinse the affected area. Leave it on for two to three minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to half a glass of warm water. Then mix in one teaspoon of honey. Drink this solution twice a day, morning and night, for a couple of week until you notice improvement.
Good Housekeeping Anti-Ageing & Skincare
Top 10 Home Remedies